Which menu items are most profitable? Which are holding you back? How can you grow sales and profits?
Find out with Write-a-Recipe: a simple recipe costing and profit optimization tool that will transform your business.
Write-a-Recipe lets you record recipe details, calculate ingredient costs, and track sales for each menu item. You’ll learn how to cost menu items more accurately and ensure menus reflect the most popular and profitable choices. Plus, you can adjust or change ingredients and instantly recalculate costs and profits on every menu item you offer.
Use it alone or with other Run-a-Restaurant modules
Write-a-Recipe integrates seamlessly with other Run-a-Restaurant modules. Use it with Count-n-Control for a complete solution that covers the entire food management cycle:
- Inventory control and stock-taking
- Recipe and menu development
- Menu engineering and sales analysis
- Comparison of projected and actual profits
- Ongoing profit optimization
How it works
Write-a-Recipe is web-based, so there’s no software to download and no hardware to install. It’s secure, centralized, and accessible from any web-enabled computer, so even when you’re offsite, you’re always in touch with your business.
It’s easy to get started.
Simply sign up and start entering information:
- Record recipes, including ingredients, measurements, methods, and plating photographs
- Calculate recipe costs automatically based on exact costs of ingredients used
- Calculate actual profits by entering sales data for each menu
- Easily adjust and update recipes to test ways of making menu items more profitable
- Run sales predictions to calculate the profit on new or adjusted recipes and menus
Write-a-Recipe lets you assign different access levels for owners, managers, head chefs, and staff, so only some users can see certain types of data or perform certain actions on the system. Your business-critical information is always safe and secure.
Write-a-Recipe gives you a new level of control over your business.
Get a clear picture of the popularity and profitability of every menu item you offer, and adjust recipes dynamically to optimize net profits.